ALC Health Prima
ALC Health has made a number of improvements to its Prima range of international medical insurance plans including introducing higher overall annual limits on all three of its Prima plans - Premier, Classic and Ibérica. The main changes that have been introduced are:
- The annual policy limit on the flagship Prima Premier plan has been increased to £2.5m.
- The Prima Classic and Ibérica plans’ annual limits have been raised from £1m to £1.25m.
- Under all three plans (Premier, Classic and Ibérica) newborn congenital cover is now included as standard. The lifetime limit for this benefit is £100,000.
- Premature birth cover is now automatically included on the Prima Classic and Ibérica plans. Previously this benefit was only available under the Prima Premier plan.
- Prima Premier now offers four routine maternity options. These are £3,000, £5,000, £7,500 and £10,000. The other two plans offer two choices - £3,000 or £5,000.
- All Prima plans now cover complications of pregnancy up to the full annual policy limit as a standard benefit, regardless of whether a routine pregnancy package has been selected.
All the changes came into effect from June 1 2012 and apply to all new or renewing policies on or after that date.
Prima plans are available both to individuals and to groups. The plans are supported by a website that includes a good range of useful information for brokers (and clients) – especially important when clients could be based almost anywhere in the world and/or work in more than one geography. For example, this support includes downloadable literature (including claims forms), a search facility for doctors and medical facilities (including English speaking doctors), destination profiles (covering nearly 1,500 cities), medical translations, news alerts and a travel health centre. This element of the website – called ALC World – is provided by HTH Worldwide.
Established over ten years ago, ALC Health is an international medical insurance specialist based in Horsham, West Sussex. It also has offices in Spain and Malta. Policies are underwritten by AXA PPP International.
Telephone: See website for most appropriate contact details.
See website for details
What They Say
Director Andrew Apps said: “These important benefit enhancements reflect the feedback that our clients have given over the past few months about what they would like to see included in their cover. With the cost of healthcare increasing globally, we are continually keeping a close eye on the scope of cover offered by our range of international health insurance plans to ensure that they continue to meet the exacting needs of our policyholders.”
What We Say
"ALC Health’s three plans under its Prima range have all been updated with small, but useful changes. Increasing the maximum annual benefit will benefit all policyholders, whereas the other changes really only benefit current and future parents. In fact, it can be argued that such benefits should remain optional as otherwise all policyholders are effectively paying for a benefit (albeit the cost per customer will be small) that many of them could never benefit from."
"Should networks compel advisers to talk about protection?" Nick Jones of Exeter Family Friendly